Sunday 30 June 2013

Penang

Well I have left Malaysia. My last stop was Penang, specifically Georgetown, which is named after king George, and thus was an English colony. They have an underwhelming British fort and some  other British architecture, but Penang is mostly know for it's food. Mmmm Indian/Chinese/Malay food.

Clocktower saying something about the queen.


This cannon had a funny story. I guess it was on a ship that sank, and someone willed it to float up to the surface of the ocean to be rescued. And then the local women who couldn't conceive would put flowers into it and say a prayer and they could.


Just wandering the streets was pretty nice.


Moving on, this is the train to Bangkok. The seats convert to beds for the 22 hour trip. Also the a/c was too cold. I don't know how I'm going to handle Canadian weather when I get back.


Bangkok railway station! That's a picture of the king of thailand on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment