Sunday 30 June 2013

Arrival

Made it to china just fine. I've been awake almost 27 hours now (minus a semi-conscious scattered hour on the flight) but I'm running good off adrenaline and excitement! Its my fault though for going straight to nanjing instead of shanghai. Wifi here seems to be more scarce than last time, or maybe my iPod is just outdated...

I had to order my train ticket to nanjing from the Chinese speaking teller(i wrongly thought the automated tellers would work but they need to see a passport). I was able to ask questions with ease and and and..... Understand the answers! I think my light practice over the past years has helped (I went through units 2 and 3 of the pimsleur audio program)

The pic is from the massive shanghai hongqiao railway waiting area. Oh and I will never get tired of riding the 430 km/hr maglev train from the airport. I wonder how many birds get vaporized from that train every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment