Sunday 30 June 2013

Bangkok

Since I only have maybe 2 updates left I thought I'd split Bangkok into 2 because I've seen a lot of cool stuff already. First of all, the food is phenomenal. I always think "oh Malaysian(or Chinese or <insert nearly any country>) food is the best ever, but I keep on getting my mind blown by the new food in each of these places! Except for Philippines, it was good but not mind blowingly good (sorry my Philippine friends). I had authentic pad Thai and green curry. Mmmm

One of the main shopping areas of Bangkok. Double decker metro lines! And lots of good, cheap shops.

Real snake boots. They also had stingray boots, and wallets and belts and such. I did not purchase, because I consider myself a friend of the snakes and stingrays.

We went to a bronze statue shop. Some of these things were incredible works of art, and for handmade bronze they were not as expensive as I expected. A 5 inch tall statue could go for as low as $100 or so.

Oh right, the "we" in this case is my Malaysian couchsurfing friend Alex that I stayed with in Penang, and my Dutch friend Josien that I met in Philippines on the boat tour. Bangkok is more fun with people!

Alex used his connections and found us a rooftop pool party! With an infinity pool overlooking a part and the Bangkok skyline! Just like the Marina Bay Sands in singapore! Cover was $10 and included a drink, and I had a cheeseburger for $8. Not as cheap as my $2 pad Thai, but totally worth it(cause I was starving)

More skyline, ignore those two randoms, I didn't feel like waiting till they got out of the pool. They are in the jacuzzi, which isn't heated any warmer than the main pool, there is just bubbles, which is common in Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment