Sunday 30 June 2013

Changzhou

Today I tried to go to xixigu, it's a video game theme park(think world of Warcraft and Starcraft) in changzhou(a city a couple hours from shanghai) but the day didn't quite work out. I got the train ticket from nanjing quite late, for 1:30 pm, and then didn't realize the woman gave me a ticket for the nanjing railway station, instead of the nanjing south railway station where I was at the time. I noticed 40 minutes before it left, which is exactly the time it took to take the metro to the other station, but not through security and to the platform. So I missed it and changed to the next train and arrived in changzhou about 3:30. Not knowing what bus would take me to xixigu I went for a taxi, but there was a long line and a woman convinced me to pay her ~$20 to drive there. In the car there were three university students who asked where I was going, then told me it was too late, since xixigu closed at 5 and it was 4. So they invited me to see their school, and took me out for dinner!

They showed me around and took me to a market and rode the bus with me back to the train station. Maybe it's only cause I'm a funny looking tall guy, but many Chinese people leave a very good impression on me with their helpfulness and generosity.

I've also been enjoying some of the local chip flavors....


No comments:

Post a Comment