Sunday 30 June 2013

Joetsu and Nagano

Arrived at Allison's cozy place in joetsu just fine, and last night we went to an onsen (aka naked hot springs & public bath). That was definitely a unique experience that I don't expect to take off in North America anytime soon. The hot springs were very nice though, I have no regrets about doing it.

Went for a nice walk in the outskirts of Nagano on the way to the monkey onsen. Complete with geyser! Well, I think it was a geyser.


Warm bath for monkeys.


Walking through Nagano Amy got interviewed by NBC (Nagano Broadcasting Corporation)


Here is a unique souvenir, squid ink tomato pasta sauce. It tastes strongly like tomato with a hint of squid.


Nagano.

And with that, Amy and dad's trip with me is pretty much over. Tomorrow they go to Tokyo and I go to Matsumoto. And the following day they fly home. Today also marks the 1 month point of my trip. I will be meeting the other traveling Fergusons again in Matsumoto though. That's just over 1/3 finished, and in some ways the trip is just getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment