Sunday 30 June 2013

Osaka

We had only one evening and night in Osaka before heading to Joetsu to meet my cousin Allison, but we saw a lot of neat stuff in that evening.

We went for the Osaka version of okonomiyaki, which is like a cabbage pancake with bits of seafood. It's a lot better than it sounds. 


The menu at "America". "We didn't come all the way to Japan to eat at americatown"


A climbing wall attached to an elevator such that it rises up as you climb. It was closed for the night though.


One of the giant billboards in the main shopping area. The place was like Times Square.


So I walked into a place labeled SEGA, like the video game system, not knowing what to expect. The first floor was entirely claw games, or similar, the second floor was the gambling floor, with games Ive never played like pachinko. It was also neat seeing Mario betting games that looked something like Mario party, again, I watched a guy play and had no idea what was going on.  But the thing that made coming in worthwhile was the urinal game! I knew these existed and finally found one! (Sorry for the inappropriate nature, but I must explain) basically you keep the stream on the target and it gets more and more windy for the weather reporter(?), and at the end you get a distance(?) in meters. Well, not understanding it didn't detract from my excitement. In the same washroom I also noticed the toilet lid raise up automatically as I went by. The fun never takes a break at SEGA! (unless you're a girl :P)

No comments:

Post a Comment