Sunday 30 June 2013

Ayutthaya

On my last day in Bangkok I did a trip to Ayutthaya, which is an ancient city about 2 hours away. I booked a tour so I didn't have to think about any more "how to get here and there".

We first stopped at the summer palace of the king during the 1800s. Pretty, but kind of boring. And my crazy Thai guide wouldn't let me leave this one shrine till I gave praise to the king of Thailand.

We then went to two ancient buddhist temples (ancient meaning about 700 years old, I think Angkor wat in Cambodia is much older?). Lots of half standing statues and buildings that actually reminded me of the sonic the hedgehog game (probably because I'm still a video game nerd).

This one Buddha head has the tree growing around it. Neat.


Seeing the one pillar can give you an idea of how big the room used to be.

Lots of ruins.

image.jpeg
My last Thai meal was mango sticky rice, mmmm mango. 

I'm back in shanghai for one night now before the flight back to Canada. Oh and i got stopped at china immigration for nearly 10 minutes because I don't look like my passport photo anymore. Two guys were comparing me to my photo, asking for more photo ID, and to write my signature. Judge for yourself:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Resemblance is uncanny? No? 

No comments:

Post a Comment