Sunday 30 June 2013

Chengdu

I remember now why I like chengdu so much. Compared to shanghai, and a lesser extend Beijing, I can walk down a shopping street without getting constantly harassed to buy junk. People stare less, people are friendly and excited to talk to me. The streets are wide and clean (mostly), and the food is delicious. See below

The first day we had ma po tofu (bottom), yu xiang qie zi(fish smelling eggplant, right), and gong bao ji ding (kungpao chicken, left). Besides being incredibly spicy, it was incredibly delicious. Actually my friend Marko who studies in chengdu tells me the food is protected similar to how UNESCO world heritage sites are.


A walk down the pedestrian shopping street is full of people on a Monday afternoon, and only 1 person tried to sell me bags and watches on the street! (Compared to at least a dozen in nanjing street in shanghai)

Pandas at the research center! Breakfast bamboo.


A very relaxing walk down kuai alley (I think it's kuai? the English name was wide narrow, my memory of names of places in chengdu is really bad). 


Hey I look the same!

We also went to a tea shop where seemingly everyone was elderly and playing mahjong. And walking around the people's park we encountered a group of people playing badminton, upon watching they invited us to join!

Didn't feel any aftershocks from the earthquake, and when you get this we will be in chongqing. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment